Welcome to the Epistellein idea center!


Welcome to the Epistellein idea center! I'm so glad you stopped by. I couldn't show all the journals I've made for others at my Etsy site so I decided to create a blog where I could share pictures of the ones that are already in use. You'll also find design ideas I have for other journals that I'm hoping to make in the future. Browse through the posts and read the many different stories that have been unsealed in an Epistellein journal. Then be inspired to start unsealing your own!

Happy storytelling!
~ Jennifer

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What Miles Can't Separate

One of my most favorite journals to design was the one I made for my mom and me to keep. Since 1996 we've lived at least 3 hours apart and seeing each other in person is limited to holidays and a week during the summer, not nearly as often as the weekly cuppa coffee we'd like to share. But this journal helps to make the miles a little shorter. I write in it for awhile about daily life or plans I'm working on for the next season or the bigger dreams I have about the future. And when I visit Mom back home, I take it along and drop it off for her to write in during our next time apart. I chose the butterfly theme since we both have an affinity for them, but also because the butterfly is a creature that moves on for a season, yet always knows it's way back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment