Welcome to the Epistellein idea center!


Welcome to the Epistellein idea center! I'm so glad you stopped by. I couldn't show all the journals I've made for others at my Etsy site so I decided to create a blog where I could share pictures of the ones that are already in use. You'll also find design ideas I have for other journals that I'm hoping to make in the future. Browse through the posts and read the many different stories that have been unsealed in an Epistellein journal. Then be inspired to start unsealing your own!

Happy storytelling!
~ Jennifer

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Way to Remember

My journal making endeavor began with a family from my hometown that I had never met. My mom worked with a lady who had asked for prayer for her daughter, Sherrie, who was ill with a serious heart condition. I was moved to hear that there were 3 young children in the family, ages 7, 4 & 3, to care for while their mom battled for life in the hospital. Tragically, Sherrie died not long after I learned of her story and a deep desire to help in some way came over me. I was too far away to help with meals or childcare and a simple note of condolence didn't really seem to express the depth of my sympathies either. As I was praying for the family, the picture of 3 journals came to mind and I knew I had been given the idea I was searching for. Through my mom, I found out that Sherrie's favorite color was blue and she loved wild flowers. I found 3 different sets of appropriate paper and came up with the designs below. Each journal is for one of the children. The oldest, McKenzie, has been writing in hers on her own. The other 2 journals are being filled by family and friends with stories of Sherrie for the younger children to read as they grow. I'm hopeful that as they come to understand that their mother's time in their physical lives has ended, a way to remember her beautiful life has begun.




No comments:

Post a Comment