Welcome to the Epistellein idea center!


Welcome to the Epistellein idea center! I'm so glad you stopped by. I couldn't show all the journals I've made for others at my Etsy site so I decided to create a blog where I could share pictures of the ones that are already in use. You'll also find design ideas I have for other journals that I'm hoping to make in the future. Browse through the posts and read the many different stories that have been unsealed in an Epistellein journal. Then be inspired to start unsealing your own!

Happy storytelling!
~ Jennifer

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Repurposed

I love the idea of taking things that had an original use and finding new purposes for them. Such was the case with this journal. I originally designed it with a green thumb in mind. I am forever wishing I had a gardening journal so I could remember important dates from year to year, what seeds I want to plant again or those I don't think I'll bother with or where I planted the yellow tulip bulbs. So when I picked the floral/butterfly paper, I was envisioning the journal someday being filled with these reminders. Imagine my surprise when it was bought by a lady who works as a MaryKay consultant. She said she likes butterflies and needed a place to make notes during meetings with her clients. So instead of a green thumb, the journal was repurposed for a pink thumb. I love how things wander from my intention to a totally different one!




No comments:

Post a Comment