Welcome to the Epistellein idea center!


Welcome to the Epistellein idea center! I'm so glad you stopped by. I couldn't show all the journals I've made for others at my Etsy site so I decided to create a blog where I could share pictures of the ones that are already in use. You'll also find design ideas I have for other journals that I'm hoping to make in the future. Browse through the posts and read the many different stories that have been unsealed in an Epistellein journal. Then be inspired to start unsealing your own!

Happy storytelling!
~ Jennifer

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Camper

My cousin Jess lives with her husband in Wyoming and gets to enjoy some of the most amazing landscapes I've ever seen. I love looking at the photographs she takes during the outdoor retreats that she leads. We don't get to spend time with each other anymore (I used to stay a week each summer on my grandparents' farm and she lived across the field, so along with the other cousins, we had lots of barnyard adventures together.) But I think of her often and decided to make a journal for her to use during her camping excursions. She was kind enough to send me a couple of photos to use, one of which just happens to show her journaling in Costa Rica! Boy, does that sound inviting right about now...we're getting ready for our third winter storm of the year and it's only February 1st. Can't wait for warmer weather to arrive!



There's the happy camper!


Jess writes about journaling...
"As an outdoor lover, leader of outdoor retreats, and nature educator,
I see and experience so many wonders and blessings in nature. Things
that can't be experienced inside. Journaling outdoors allows me to
articulate and synthesize my experience in the natural world, my love
for the beauty that surrounds us, and my connection to something
greater. "

No comments:

Post a Comment